The Complexity of Priorities

Sometimes it really amazes me to see where the priorities in life lie for people. I agree that this is a sensitive topic and each individual is entitled to have their own perspective but still....certain things are just weird.

I got extremely depressed to see a 11 year old marriage of one of my acquaintance broken due to misplaced priorities. The wife in this case refusing to come back from US to India after staying there for 10 years. And to this cause, she was willing to give up her husband (the guy she loved and dated for 5-6 years before being married 11 years back) and her lovely son of 7 years. So she is now sticking it out alone in foreign land while her husband and son (husband got the custody thankfully) made their way back here. The question that begs to be asked here is why and for what???

Anyways so much so for priorities in life being a happy life with the people you love. Not that I did not get a taste of this same story in my life at a much smaller scale. I was talking to some of my friends here and listening to this many of them could relate to a similar conflict in many of their relative's home. I wish and hope that sanity prevails for them and a small child does not have to bear the cost of selfishness of his/her parents.

Life is becoming more and more complex and priorities are ever changing and so are rights and wrongs. I just want to see that the priorities of people ultimately bring joy, happiness and peace in their lives.