These thoughts have come to me from time to time. i dont get much time to pen down most of them. Here i have posted a few that i have. Please note that any reference to places, people or incidents mentioned in the blog is purely fictional and any resemblance is coincidental.Also note that the blog is not intended to be on a topic or act as a source of enlightenment for its reader.
Posted by Debottam at 2:44 PM
Term 4 was one of the most crazy rides here at ISB. It came and went by and I am still coming to terms with it with a slight fever and runny nose. After the carnage called Term 3 we thought Term 4 would be better. Better it was, but not quite in the way we imagined. Well let me remember and share with you the historic Term 4.
1) Term 4 was the only term in ISB which is 5 weeks long instead of the regular 6 weeks to accommodate a longer term break for project work (ELP). So what that means is that the craziness of a regular term was fitted into a week less of time.
2) Term 4 also meant renewed interest in extra curricular activities. Club organized sessions, speaker talks, challenges, competitions, B plans and the like made out of class extremely hectic.
3)Term 4 meant a good achievement for my club with the first Product Management workshop by Google organized at the ISB participated by about 310 students.
4) Term 4 meant a crazy subject called Government Society and Business where our section achieved a historic feat of giving themselves their own grade. To read more about this 3.3 moment as we called it refer to Prashant's blog at
5) Term 4 also saw a lot of action (for lack of a better word) at Wall Street. Aspiring i-Bankers watched in horror as the industry became history. The future managers of the corporate world watched the birth of the US Navaratnas(the name I coined for state controlled AIG).
6) Term 4 saw Mamata putting a gun on Ratan Tata's head driving him out from Singur and thus pushing Bengal to stone age.
7) Term 4 had 3 birthdays of my close friends at ISB and I got flung into the pool with them thrice in 5 days.
8) Term 4 meant a lot of expensive phone calls to exotic european cities like Paris, London, Zurich, Venice, Berlin, Rome and I dont know where else...
9) Term 4 meant not partying after end terms and lying in bed with flu.
10) Term 4 meant finally getting to go stay at home with parents during Durga Pujo
With this I am halfway there...50% MBA
A few snaps from Viren's bday party and the 3.3 party