Holiday Season

I am sure that Durga Pujo is one occasion which binds all bengalis and runs through their hearts. And what I have realized over the years is that the moe you become a probashi staying out of bengal, more nostalgic you get and more particular you become of not missing it. Durga Pujo marks the occasion of homecoming of Devi Durga but it also is the time of homecoming of countless bengalis to their roots and to their loved ones.

As I prepare to spend a pujo with family afte 6 years, one look around me at the Bangalore airport and its clear that pujo is here. The other day I was reading that this weekend close to 50,000 people are expected to travel out of Bangalore and I am sure most of them would be bengalis heading home. Anyways I am happy as you can probably guess from the incoherence of this post. Also I am pleasantly surprised at the ease of accessing the WIFI at bangalore airport...Somethings in India seems to have changed for the better afer all...Hope it is a sustainable one. See you all after I get back from vacation. The vacation promises to be eventful in more ways than one and I am sure I will have things to share once I am back. Ciao

0 comments: