The Dream Machine

Its been more than 1.5 years since I have last driven. It is the single most thing I miss ever since I moved back to India. These days looking at a nice car on the road makes me jealous and I crave to own one. But then I remember the traffic here and my heart sinks. I don't know how to drive here in India and I don't think I want to learn as well. I feel driving here most of the time is a big big hassle.

Anyways enough of India bashing. This post is not about that. It is also about affordability of a good car. The nice cars in India are very costly compared to what you earn here. Let us take a example, a brand new Honda Civic in USA would cost you around 20000 USD, which is roughly 1/4 th of the annual salary of a middle class person. Here the same car would cost around 12 lakhs which would be 80%the total annal salary of similar people. See the difference!!!!

I always loved BMW. Even though I have driven a Merc, BMW is just differen than others. Any of you BMW fans out there, please search for BMW films in Youtube and watch them. They are awesome. It was BMW's classic campaign to improve brand awareness and create well defined customer segments and is now a Harvard Business Case study. All the films are 5-6 minutes long and are directed by some of Hollywood's best directors.

Here is to the car I aspire to own when I relocate to USA- The BMW 328i. Wish me luck !!!



3 comments:

  Joy Sinha

2:44 PM

we were together almost 12 yrs back.. time has changed a lot.. many of us are in good shape in our respective positions.. you were some of the jems ..and so is now.. welcome back to the homeland and wish you all the very best for your aspirations in life.. and the BMW s waiting for your caring drive and passionate possession.

  Spandan

3:08 PM

Wish u al d luck......

n i hope to get a ride in dat.....

:)

  Debottam

3:23 PM

Thanks Guys :)

-D