Salvation Awaits

I happened to take a walk around campus a while back and believe me there was not a soul to be seen. The final exams for Term 1 begins tomorrow and for many of us its the last hope of salvation. Though I must say that each one of us have our own view of salvation. No matter how much many of us say that grades don't matter and that we don't care, the fact is all of us do. And it is not because we are obsessed about it but it is because we all are used to being successful. I mean all of us have been in the top bracket either in acads or work and the very thought of being resigned to mediocrity is a huge blow to our morale. Its a bitter pill to swallow. I can really feel what is going through most of our minds. Thinking about it, I feel that coping with these mental blocks, inhibitions and challenges and coming out on the better side of it would be an important takeaway for me from B School.

It is also true that having a support net of close friends is essential to survive through these difficult times. Each of us need that space where we can let go of our emotions,speak our mind and have others listen, understand and empathize. I have always been a firm believer that people whom you want to be with when you are feeling down, are the people whom you value the most. For those of us who have family on campus, the support system is in place and for others - the sooner we find it the better it is. As for me, I just want to say thank you to you all...you know who you are...>:)<

On a lighter note, I watched the IPL finals what a grand finish it had. Being a neutral I enjoyed the match even more without having to go through the angst of a supporter. Kudos to Warney and his team for proving the law of averages wrong and outperforming everyone else throughout the IPL.

3 comments:

  Bornloser

1:31 AM

I just want to say thank you to you all...you know who you are...>:)<


I think u meant me :P

  Diganta

2:21 AM

Good post and nice follow up on your thoughts ... morale gets a booster only when you can break into the elite, but the problem is - who defines what's elite? I used to have some expectations 10 years back. To be truthful, I have already achieved more than those. Now, I face a dilemma of choices - should I stay in the race or should I quit ... or set a new target for what to do 10 years later.

Those who enjoy winning, generally quit the race early because one can not win all races. Those who enjoy races, stay longer in the race because the race itself is more important to them ...

  Debottam

12:57 PM

@Diganta

I know its the perennial dilemma..However each one of us has to choose what is best for us and when...Perspectives change and they are influenced by a lot of things...recently heard an analysis of Sigmund Freud that our conscious self is only 1/9 of our self..our personality...